Sunday, July 01, 2012

Home Again

We are home. We had an incredible week together with an entire log cabin lodge to ourselves until late Thursday evening. It was quiet, it was relaxing, and it was fun. I love having time alone with James. The Finger Lakes is a great location to run off to. There are restaurants, gift shops, wineries, pottery studios, cheese tastings, incredible views of the lakes, vineyards, glens and gorges, alpaca farms, boat launches, parks, trails, museums, and seemingly no end of Bed and Breakfasts.

We stayed at "Gone With the Wind Bed and Breakfast- The Sequel" (which meant we were in the log cabin lodge rather than the Stone House). There are five rooms in the lodge and another five in the Stone House. We were blessed to have the lodge all to ourselves the first four nights of our stay, and then blessed with company the last two nights. Several mornings we were the only breakfast guests as well, a perk of staying early in the week. Linda lent us the movie "Gone With the Wind" Tuesday or Wednesday night. We watched all four hours and didn't get into bed until after midnight. Now we know all about Scarlett O'Hara and Rhett Butler.

Yes, I did go fishing and found it to be fun too. Honestly, the first fish I caught wasn't much fun. He was just a little guy and he swallowed the hook. He was already bleeding when I pulled him up and didn't look too healthy when James finally got the hook out of him and put him back in the lake. I decided not to give up that easy and try again. The next fish weren't near as greedy. I think I could find fishing to be a lot of fun if only I can keep my eye on the bobber. Perhaps a pair of sunglasses and a fishing hat are in order.

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely time... You and James know how to have a getaway!!!

    You were truly "Gone with the Wind"....Thanks for sharing your great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was wonderful having you to myself all week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. umm it wasn't me10:22 PM, July 01, 2012

    Except for that one tiny ice cream episode, oops!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful time! You needed a little vacation, Martha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So thankful you and James got a whole week away together!! You are such a wonderful couple! (I sure did miss your blogging, though;-)

    ReplyDelete