Monday, July 02, 2012

Ain't Life Grand?

Josh and Bethany came over yesterday afternoon for a "picnic". We ate PBJ's, fruit, snow and sugar snap peas, chips and salsa, and baked beans. (It was a hastily assembled meal.) Josh drank Kool-Aid and was sporting a Kool-Aid smile. He covered it up  with his hand. :)

We had a nice little supper on the back porch and then Josh and I checked out the blueberry patch. We tasted a few and decided they are going to be ripe early this year. Josh had a fun time jumping from the back steps. He looked at old pictures in Great Grandma's photo album, and I showed him the grape box I bought at the antique store. We're going to plant a Gnome Home together (he wants one for his house) and the grape box is a perfect Gnome Home planter.

If you think about it, please pray for our wounded hearts this week. Our sweet little granddaughter will be one year old on Sunday. Hannah and I will shop for a present and maybe one day Leta will bring the kids over to visit, but we will be missing the birthday celebration this time. How did it ever come to this and when will our family be whole again? :'( 

Today I am thankful for the gift of Josh (and "Fred" too) because a Grammy without her grands is just too very sad.

5 comments:

  1. Josh is getting so big! I think it will be wonderful to have another baby around when baby Fred comes out to play. I'm glad that even though you may not get to see your grandbabies all the time, that you still have beautiful grandbabies and wonderful pictures and memories of them all (no matter how small the memories may be) :-) You're a very lucky woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying too. No one can take away our hope.

    Our picnic was fun on Sunday. I'm glad you and Dad hadn't run off too very far, or else we'd have been picnicking on a stinky beach by ourselves. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think he needs a gnome home, too! :)

    and of course I'll pray. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. praying for you....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tears well up when I read of your family hurt...Will be praying for healing...

    In the meantime...what a delight Josh is...He is just so adorable I could reach out and squeeze him.

    How fun to build something with Grandma.

    ReplyDelete