Thursday, July 12, 2012

A Little Bit Sad

Hannah's birthday is next Wednesday, the 18th. What she really wants for her big day is a gathering of family, all her family. I will do my best to make her wish come true, but she knows as well as I that she is asking what I can not really give. A gathering in Hannah's honor is really up to her brothers and sister, but there is really just one brother whose heart she hopes to soften. She is well aware that he has no plan to come here, but she does hope he will allow her little nephews and niece to share in her celebration, and since we missed Aubrey's birthday on Sunday, Hannah is hoping to share her birthday with this little one she was so pleased to welcome into the world last year.

I have Aubrey's gift all wrapped and waiting, a soft, cuddly baby doll named Baby Stella. She wasn't entirely easy to find. I knew she would not be waiting in Target or Walmart, so I had to find a "real" toy store. The first place had the boy doll, Baby Fella, but no girls. The owner suggested another toy store down the road and around the corner. (She was so sweet I decided to by the little Fella before leaving.) In the store down the road and around the corner I found the little girl doll I was looking for and bought her too. I think I'll save the boy baby for Christmas.

So, we are planning a party for a soon to be seventeen year old. I am not sure how she got so grown up so quickly. Time just goes faster and faster. Please pray with me that Hannah will get her birthday wish. Maybe you have more faith right now than I do.

7 comments:

  1. I'm going to have Hannah send a card too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, fellow warriors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been praying today and will continue. So hoping Hannah gets her entire family party. Love you, Martha and I can't believe your baby girl is 17!!

    ReplyDelete