Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Behind the Times

B is for behind; not to be confused with backside, bottom, or bum.

Yesterday was a day of running behind. It seemed no matter where I was headed, I just couldn't get there on time. Funny thing is, it wasn't my fault this time, although it usually is... I set out late for my prayer group on account of having to wait for someone at home, and then encountered red lights half the way there. I surprised myself by being relatively patient, but then who wants to rush into prayer all in a frazzle?

I met some friends for dinner. I was late getting there too. I had to wait for a just slightly late daddy to pick up his little girls at my house, and then couldn't find the restaurant gift card that was supposed to be in my purse. I followed a "traveling well below the speed limit vehicle" down a little country road before getting to the main highway where a great line of traffic was going by. Good thing dinner wasn't waiting on the table!

I think God is still teaching me patience. Maybe one day I will learn the lessons that take so long to sink deep into my heart and mind. I can always hope. In the meantime, when I am feeling behinder, I will try to remember that He is in charge, and that grumbling about being late will not get me there any faster.

To top it off, tonight I am a little behind on posting my weekly ABC Wednesday, but then again, it isn't Thursday yet, at least not where I live.

PS. I had no "behinder" photos to share and therefore I give you Bee Balm because it also starts with B.

For more ABC Wednesday fun, click here.

12 comments:

  1. Well behind is better than absent. Glad you made it to bible study and dinner. Your flowers are lovely.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel permanently running behind. Good choice for the letter B. Carver, ABC Wed. Team

    ReplyDelete
  3. Martha, I love what you come up with when you are BEHIND.

    Love your first sentence...Not to be confused with....HaHaHa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha...save this post for "L" and you can use it again as 'late' haha.

    Have you ever noticed that when you're running late you hit all the red lights or get behind a very slow vehicle? Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Betsy Brock. It seems like that when you are running late, you hit all the red lights as well lol.

    Set of B's
    Rose, ABC Wednesday Team

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, we all have those days!
    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  7. Red lights, "Sunday" drivers, and road work; all part of the learning patience process.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Better behind than not show up at all, I say. I have finally learned that I must stay calm when I'm behind in time or otherwise I'll never make it at all.

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  9. "behinder photos" :) you are too funny

    ReplyDelete
  10. 'The hurrier I go, the behinder I get'. I heard that once and thought it is quite fitting here. Please feel free to use it when ever you like it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Marilyn. It is definitely fitting, especially for me. In fact, I used just that theme for the letter H a year ago. (Here's your hat, what's your hurry?) I guess great minds think alike.

    http://justseven.blogspot.com/2011/09/h-is-for-hurry.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great "B" post - and something I think we all wrestle with. Thanks

    ReplyDelete