Sunday, July 22, 2012

No Time to Think

Six years ago, when I started blogging, the writing came fairly easy, but the past year or so has often left me not knowing what I really want to share with the world. I find my mind preoccupied and my body tired. Sometimes I simply stare at a blank screen and on other occasions I start to write and either don't finish or decide not to publish. I no longer record so many daily events and likely won't be able to look back and find out when "such and such" happened. Maybe the major events just aren't so major anymore, or maybe they just don't seem as interesting. Then again, maybe I am just majorly distracted.

This was a different kind of weekend. I didn't make it to the grocery store on Saturday, instead I sat a spell with Bethany while she had a yard sale. Late Saturday afternoon Emma came to stay while her mom attended a wedding. It was Hannah's babysitting job. Not long after Emma's arrival my friend Vinnie came to play. Vinnie was my job and he really keeps us on our toes. This is the kind of child who would like to play hide and seek in a corn field. You've got to keep your eye on him! He stayed overnight with us so his parents could go out to celebrate their five year wedding anniversary. He was returned to Mom and Dad this morning during Sunday School. Today, after church and a quick nap, I took Hannah and her friend Kelly to camp for the week. (I didn't lose my car keys this year.) Tonight I am super tired and not quite ready to start again tomorrow with Monday, but I think I can probably handle Emma alright without too much help. Maybe we'll go grocery shopping.


5 comments:

  1. I'm limited in my sharing of personal things about my family. I have so many stories, good , bad and ugly that I would be happy to share...but they are all so private..and I have to respect that, so only our son Myk is OK with me posting their family. So as you know...a lot of my posting is from the Kitchen.

    I so wish we could sit sometime and just share our stories heart to heart.

    Sending love, and hoping you Monday turns out really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you could visit with Wanda too. That would be such a blessing! It was a busy weekend for you. I am very thankful for your willingness to come and visit with me during my yard sale. It was an unexpected pleasure. This week will be busy for me. Pack, pack, pack. I should start now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been having trouble, too, because many things that are on my heart and in my life are not my stories to share, so then I am quiet.

    Maybe we will see you at Wegmans:-) So looking forward to tomorrow night!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I missed you in Wegmans. Good thing I decided to go in Hobby Lobby. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very good thing, indeed:-)

    ReplyDelete