Thursday, July 19, 2012

Party Time

Yesterday was Hannah's 17th birthday. We had a party. There was a multitude of guests from the little girls in my "flower garden" to friends and family. I found myself running to catch up most of the day, but in the end I didn't stress over the messy house and imperfections. (The kitchen really needs a good scrubbing...) We found ourselves with plenty of food and lots of company to keep everyone entertained, and we spent most of our time outside.

Leta came for an hour with the kids and Sara. (Alysa was at soccer.) Seeing them made Hannah's birthday complete. The boys came dressed as twin Batmen and made themselves at home. I was able to collect a couple of hugs before they were off and running. When asked about his Batman shirt, Lucas replied, "See my cape?" I had to smile. (Leta is not waving at anyone but flies here. They were terrible yesterday!)

Simon is catching up to Lucas in so many ways that I can almost confuse them when they are playing in the distance. Grammies have to look twice sometimes to tell little boys apart especially when they are dressed and look so much alike.

Hannah helped Aubrey open her birthday gift. I think the little doll will be well loved. I saw Aubrey give the "Baby Stella" several hugs. Since this little girl hasn't spent much time here in the past six months, she is somewhat apprehensive. She looked a bit worried at first and had really just started to relax when it was time to go. I must remember to cherish the time I am given no matter how little it may be. I did manage to squeeze in a few hugs and kisses between setting out food, taking photos, cooking hotdogs, and eating.


Grandpa managed to get a little high five with some help from Hannah. We don't want to traumatize the poor little girl, we just want to let her know we love her.



11 comments:

  1. I'm so glad all your grandbabies got to be there...I'm sure Hannah was over the moon! Wish I could have been there, looks like tons of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One day you will come to visit and we will all be over the moon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I thought she was turning 16.
    I, feeling older now. give her a hug and Happy birthed day Hannie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I told her and she smiled. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Martha, your post brought tears to my eyes imagining the joy that was flowing through your home....praising the Lord with You and asking that it the beginning of reconciliation. Love you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like it was a good night, and the pictures really are special. I love the picture of grandpa giving her a high five.

    I hope this is just the beginning of good things for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nice birthday! Lots of love all around. Stella seems to love Hannah! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stella was the baby doll... That's Aubrey there with Hannah. (Sorry for the confusion.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Grateful for your visit from Leta and kids.
    Your 17 year old "baby" is just beautiful, Martha.

    ReplyDelete