Monday, July 16, 2012

Sore Feet and a Very Sad Looking Cat

My feet hurt. I thought they were getting used to flip flops, but each day they cry out a little louder. It is the arches. They ache. Okay, the toes hurt too, especially the ones I sat on my entire childhood and half of adult life whenever I had to go to the bathroom too bad. I can still walk, but they have to "loosen up" whenever I get off my backside. I suppose there is better footwear out there than Old Navy flip flops, but this is what I have available at the moment. I think perhaps I shall try some foot stretches. Maybe that will help.

My little old cat is still here. Each day she looks a little bit worse. She lays on the floor in the kitchen or hides in the ferns out in my garden. She drinks small amounts of water, but isn't interested in eating anything. She doesn't cry, but her breathing is labored. Each morning I expect to find she has passed during the night. I think about whether or not I should have taken her to the vet, but I don't want to traumatize her any further. She has been a sweet little friend to us for 12 years now and I am going to miss her.

PS. My friend says I need to buy a pair of Teva's for my feet.

5 comments:

  1. Poor little Bo cat. :( Poor little toesies. You need some Birkies too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodbye, little Bo Cat. :'(

    I never get used to this. It always leaves me sad and teary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Bo cat, so sad. Did she die now?

    I'll bet you can find some good sales on sandals right now, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. She passed this morning. :'(

    We had been keeping tabs on her for days so that we would know and be able to give her a proper burial. I didn't want her laying out there in the heat without knowing where she was.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about your cat.

    Looking at your feet one thing comes to mind, deep foot massage, and lots of it. Here is where you can get it for almost free: Google nestoiter-gravity rock pillow
    That thing will massage your feet like no pair of hands would.

    ReplyDelete