Saturday, June 23, 2012

Outta Here

Tomorrow My Darling and I will be "outta here". We are going away for a quiet week by ourselves. I'd tell you where we're headed but there is something more fun about keeping it a secret. I will tell you we are going to the Finger Lakes but since there are eleven total and they fan across the area of NY state south and between Rochester and Syracuse, I doubt you could find us anyway. We plan to walk, fish, sleep, and relax. Sounds nice, huh?

This morning we took James' mom to Buffalo to meet her friend Pat who took her on to Toronto where she caught a plane back home to Nova Scotia. Before parting we shared breakfast at Cracker Barrel where I ate a breakfast like no other. Not sure I've ever had fried apples before. They sure were yummy! With James' surgery, recuperation, and time off work, our visit this time around wasn't quite as relaxed as some others. I hope Grandmanita knows it had nothing to do with her and we love her very much. I always love when she comes to visit and I miss her again already.

I'm signing off until Saturday evening. Priscilla will be here with Mom, the kids, and the animals while we make our escape. I am so grateful for my sisters who have agreed to help us out this month. Taking time away would be much more difficult without them.


4 comments:

  1. How very wonderful! A week alone together...The Mister and I have had an overnight away..but not more than that! Lucky you! Have a wonderful time and I promise not to come looking for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Martha, I'm so tickled you and James get a week away together. How special and "romantic"..walks, talks, sleeping in, snuggling, talking...I can't think of anyone who deserves this more....Have a great time..Sending love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for you both to have a week away together!! Have a wonderful time relaxing and being with your love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am catching up after a very busy week. ENJOY your vacation. Oh wow. I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete