Monday, July 23, 2012

Running Round in Circles

It's not that I'm literally running around in circles, in fact I don't think I'm even figuratively running around in circles. I just don't feel like I am getting very far or accomplishing great things. Perhaps that is the beauty of it all, not even knowing if I do...

I took Emma out running errands and shopping this morning, and we bumped into my good friend Heather in a totally unexpected place; Hobby Lobby. Davin found our appearance in the next aisle rather amusing. Maybe it was because I checked his chin for whiskers during out first conversation... Genuine smiles, from Davin. Now that is a gift I'll have to write in my notebook tonight. :)

It feels like rain. In fact, it feels like thunderstorm weather. I am looking forward to a good thunderstorm one of these days, or nights. I like middle of the night thunderstorms. I typically sleep right through them. Mm, mm, good.

Tomorrow I will have three small "flowers" in my garden. Two of them require a bit more "pruning and trimming" than the other, so  I think perhaps I shall have to plan some structured activities. Maybe we'll whip up a batch of Rice Krispy Treats tomorrow afternoon and put them on sticks like popsicles. If we dip them in melted chocolate, we could even cover them with sprinkles. That sounds like fun.

7 comments:

  1. Can I come..? That does sound fun and yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes please. Do come!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dip them in chocolate and put sprinkles on them...I never thought rice krispy treats could get better, but they just did!! That sounds amazing!!

    So fun to run into you guys today!! Looking forward to tomorrow!! You have no idea how much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe a dinner out with friends, when you are done "pruning", would be something to look forward to:-)))
    Can't wait to see you!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait for me! I want to come, too! Save some sprinkles for me!

    Davin's whiskers...aw...I do that to my boys now, too! Harry's checks prickle my lips when I kiss him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow.
    Maybe some whipped cream to dip in, too? ;)

    ReplyDelete