Saturday, July 14, 2012

Tired seems an understatement. Exhausted fits the bill a little better. I'm not sure how much sleep I got last night, what I do know is I woke up several thousand times feeling head-achy and body-achy. Although I had a bottle of Benadryl and one Ibuprofen on the dresser, I did not have a glass of water and neither did I want to get up and get one. Besides, I didn't want to sleep too late in the morning because my sister was arriving early to pick blueberries. Well, that was the plan anyway.

Coffee. Where would we be without it? Quite possibly drinking tea, which is what I did for years upon years, and now it doesn't hold even close to the same allure it did when my children were small, unless it is called Snapple, peach flavored, and half water. Coffee is the drink of choice, coffee with French vanilla creamer, hot or cold. I need to trade it in for water, but I really don't want to. Water doesn't wake me up the same, unless it is cold and unexpectedly poured over my head.

I did not take a nap today, I went grocery shopping instead. I went alone which is very unusual. Hannah went off mountain biking with a few friends this morning and hadn't yet returned when I set out on my Grand Grocery Adventure. It was a very nice outing with a stop at the bank, a pop into Kohl's, a jaunt in Joann's, and trek through Target. I sauntered through Hobby Lobby and finally found my way to Wegmans where I bought entirely too much fresh fruit. I guess that is better than chips and cookies, of which I did not buy any. By the time I arrived home it was well past dinner time, so we ate late; leftover chili (on hotdogs, except I didn't have any), a few ears of corn that I picked up in my travels, a garden salad, and fruit.

Tonight my feet are hot and tired. They've flip-flopped around more than enough for today. I helped Mom shower tonight, even though I didn't feel like it, played several rounds of online Scrabble and Words With Friends, and finished off the evening with a rather lengthy blog post which I have edited at least once (possibly twice). Soon I will climb into bed in my air conditioned bedroom, stick my feet out of the covers, and breathe in the cool air. I will probably be too tired to sleep, yet too sleep to stay entirely awake.

2 comments:

  1. What a busy day. I have a gift card from Kohls that I haven't used..Want to spend it on my grandkids, but because it was a special bithday gift, my dearest said I need to use it for me, so I can tell my friend what I got. Well that was last May, I thanked her for the card....but I just don't need anything. Didn't mean to ramble...you mention of Kohls reminded me.

    We had a chicken breast and nice summer salad for dinner. Then I had a cup of coffee and cookie.

    Shame on me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, you may not have had sleep, but you ate well and got to shop on your own! Hope tonight you sleep through the night!

    ReplyDelete