Sunday, July 31, 2011

The Other Half

Tomorrow is August, the other half of summer. We've had a wonderful July full of family. James' mom came to visit, our son Jim was in town from Minneapolis, and we welcomed a new granddaughter. There was a July 4th picnic, a trip to Fort Erie, a few jumps into Rachel's pool, and Hannah spent last week at camp. I've managed to keep my pepper and tomato plants alive through the drought and heat wave (thanks to my square foot garden boxes), and I've done a little bit of babysitting. The back porch has been wonderful and I'm drinking gallons of Snapple Peach Iced Tea.

Tomorrow is August. The blueberries are ripe, it's time for VBS, and we are planning a weekend getaway. (Looks like James and I are going back to Fort Erie.) I think we may visit Seabreeze, take a ride to the beach, or find a not-too-far-away friend to visit. I'm still hoping to wrap up some more "loose ends," get my house clean and organized, and plan Hannah's next school year. I have about four weeks... Perhaps it can be done... Now don't laugh! I have this whole next week without small children...

9 comments:

  1. I guess I'll ask Joanna to watch Josh on Wednesday while we have ANOTHER inspection...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe Hannah will take him to VBS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My store bought blueberries can't touch your's but I've been enjoying them in my yogert.

    Glad you get to have a getaway!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny thing is, Wanda, I eat very few blueberries.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you are enjoying your summer. Blueberries scream summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are counting down to the last two weeks before school starts. I envy you one last fun summer month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You will get it all done!! I am glad you have had a fun and busy summer. I do miss you, though:-) Maybe come the end of August, I may have a vehicle during the day???

    ReplyDelete
  8. How great you think of August as the other half of summer. I think of it as the end. As if I am just squeaking out a few more days.
    Let me know when you go to Seabreeze. If we are there the same day I will keep my eyes open for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hannah is going with Bethany on the 9th. I think I might get brave and go too, but I'm still debating...

    ReplyDelete