Thursday, July 28, 2011

Blueberry Pickers

I had some help in the blueberry patch this morning. Lucas and Simon were here for a few hours. I decided perhaps they would like to help me pick some berries. Of course, little boys are not really expected to fill up a box but I gave them each a pint sized one anyway. "Pick the blue ones," I told them.

Lucas found picking berries to be a fun job. Though he knows some of his colors, he obviously wasn't paying much attention to which berries were blue and which were not.

Simon as mostly interested in eating the berries. I'd drop a few in his box and he would either eat them or spill them on the ground. He picked a few too, but I'm not sure I ever saw any before they were popped into his mouth.

I'm thinking these little guys will be wondering about the blueberry patch the next time they come to Grammy's house. Guess I'd just as soon let them pick berries as leave them for the birds.

5 comments:

  1. Your boys are pretty cute!! I love all of the picked green berries:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww...they are the cutest berry pickers ever!

    Don't you love the color of blueberries? So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, he had a very pretty bucketful. :)

    They are beautiful, Betsy, the berries and the boys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. most of the green ones probably wouldn't get picked later anyway, right? It's the joy they had from helping that matters. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Stacy, that is what matters.

    ReplyDelete