Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Ankle Art

We had the rare privilege of visiting with my nieces today. I picked them up at the school where my sister is the summer librarian and brought them back to my house for the morning. They disappeared upstairs with Hannah and came down about noon when we headed over to Rachel's for a swim in the pool.

When Alicia jumped into the pool she was sporting a fancy ladybug "tattoo" on her ankle complete with a curving ladybug trail. Hannah's gel pens had been put to good use earlier in the day as the girls practiced their drawing skills on each other's feet. Not only ladybugs, there were butterflies too!

I found this to be a pretty nifty idea. Cute and creative. I think I prefer this to the itchy face painting they do at kid's parties and carnivals. Maybe next time I'll have them put a smiling ladybug on my ankle too!

7 comments:

  1. Be sure to take a picture of your ankle if you do! How fun :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Hannah ~ I want a lady bug with a trail.....how cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute...the little dotted line just makes it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Kristen, I will.

    Betsy, I think possibly that butterfly could use a flight path...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree!! Very cute and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I shall show these pictures to my kids. Perhaps they will choose to do this instead of drawing all over their arms and the top of the dog's head.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Della, be sure to post photos of this new and growing tattooing trend. :)

    ReplyDelete