Monday, July 25, 2011

And Counting...

It has been several weeks since I have dared bring my Gratitude Journal back downstairs... There has been so much to thank God for and yet I sometimes feel stifled by the absence of my notebook. Each evening I attempt to remember the events and blessings of the day. I know I'm missing some, not because the journal is safely in my bedroom, but because I let my mind get distracted from the blessings themselves. Perhaps I need to scan the days photographs before crawling into bed for the night...

1229. Calm in the midst of storms
1230. A pillow in the "bottom of the boat."

1252. A husband who makes me laugh
1256. A God who never stops polishing His people


1279. Grandmanita in the kitchen
1286. An afternoon coffee


1316. The look on my son's face as he tells us, "It's a girl!"


1340. Clothes on the line.
1343. Lavender in a Christmas cup

1357. Candles in fancy stemware
1360. Colored sprinkles

1379. Blueberries ripening
1380. Sunshine turning weeds to golden lace

1451. A cup half full

Cool air is permeating my house, a gentle rain falls, and the birds are happy. I'm so glad God loves me!

The Holy Experience

2 comments:

  1. "Gramanita in the kitchen..." How could we not smile about that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I found you.... Love your list! It's so inspiring to read others.

    You must have a thick journal, haha

    ReplyDelete