Saturday, July 16, 2011

Breakfast on the Back Porch

Potato Pancakes are a Grandmanita specialty. I think we have them at least once every visit. In fact, they are often requested and always readily devoured. Bethany came over early just to get a few. One never knows exactly what is in them, but they always taste yummy. (Actually, I do know some of what was in there, but I highly doubt I could duplicate them without help and I think they change slightly with each batch. More like, I know they do.)

It was a beautiful morning for breakfast on the back porch, so we took our plates outside to the picnic table loaded down with potato pancakes topped with sour cream and complimented with apple sauce, bacon, and bits of ham, coffee and orange juice on the side. Most of us went back for seconds and who could blame us? (Did I say I was trying to lose a few pounds? I suppose there is always tomorrow... )

8 comments:

  1. No, you simply can't think of dieting with potato pancakes there! ha. You should have stood and watched and written out exactly what she did. :) They look wonderful! I make them, but haven't in a while!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, confidentially, I happen to know that there were a few leftover french fries tossed in... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "confidentially"--LOL
    Well, maybe not everyone reads comments!

    It does look like a great breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even the ants are out for a few tastes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a delicious looking breakfast...

    My mom used to make some kind of potato cakes with left over mashed potatoes....haven't had those since she passed away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds delicious!!!!! This post has insired me to try potato pancakes

    ReplyDelete