Saturday, July 23, 2011

Hey, Hey, We're the Monkeys!

We went to Target. We came home with a couple of monkeys and let them lose... Next thing I knew they were climbing my sunflowers and smiling like there was no tomorrow. They certainly have no fear of heights and their climbing skills are amazing. They also have the sunniest dispositions I have ever seen. I haven't heard either one complain or whine yet. They are definitely "half full" kind of monkeys!!!

I told Bethany the wisteria was getting a little too wild. The monkeys think it makes a mighty fine jungle! I think they just may be right. It's wonderful place for swinging, hanging upside down, or just stretching out to relax. I'm expecting a monkey hammock to show up there one day soon.

I think they like iced coffee too. I can tell because they're smiling and they have that mis- chievous look in their eyes. I'm pretty sure if they had been in possession of a banana, they would have dunked it in there a time or two. Good thing I was watching.

4 comments:

  1. "Half-full" Monkeys are always good for a smile! I didn't know your sunflowers were blooming! I just bought some from the Public Market.

    ReplyDelete
  2. james (husband of the monkey woman)11:52 PM, July 23, 2011

    uhhhh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your half full monkeys...and the comment uncle james made that makes me think that he thinks you are just a bit silly...or slightly off your rocker. No worries though, the monkeys are awesome and will add just a bit more crazy to your house...home sweet home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't stay in that rocker all the time now, can we?

    ReplyDelete