Thursday, July 13, 2006

A VERY Soggy Day


We got a lot of rain yesterday! "3.33 inches
Rochester's rain Wednesday broke two records:
The rainiest day in July was previously July 11, 1897, at 3.25 inches.
The previous rainiest July 12 was in 1910, with 0.92 inches. " (Rochester Democrat and Chronicle) These are pictures from the Webster Rural Cemetary on the south side of Ridge Rd. The little boy lives on Judson St. and then there is this morning's photo of a sinkhole, also on the south side of Ridge Rd in Webster. They had to close the road. I guess some old empty gas tanks collapsed. There used to be an old car dealership there. Nate says it was flooded at Lowes too. Guess I'll just be happy with my lake. Now if only I had a boat...

Hey, Rachel, how'd it go with the yard you had to drive through yesterday?

3 comments:

  1. Yikes! I hope it doesn't wash up the dead! I've never seen it like that before!

    Hey Mart...check out this link
    http://www.notesfromthetrenches.com/
    for a lady with 7 kids. Her blog is very amusing. I think you will enjoy her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The yard I drove through? Well, I went and admitted my fault and offered grass seed or whatever, but they turned it down and said it was okay. I was so horribly embarrassed though, and stressed over it all night. I should have just let the car stall in the water and walked home. Anyway, today when I drove by, it didn't look so bad anymore so I felt a lttle better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elisabeth and I drove by the cemetary yesterday and it was all flooded like that. No wonder the road was closed there this morning when I was going to work. I had to drive around throughthe Kohls/Target parking lot. I didn't know that there was a sink hole!

    ReplyDelete