Saturday, July 15, 2006

No More Feeling Blue

The blueberries are ready! This came as a surprise to me last night. James had said we needed to start picking berries, but so often we start the picking before the berries are nice and sweet, so I thought it would be a little longer. When will I learn that my husband is "always" right? Beth and I picked some last night and... mmmmm... they are yummy! These blueberries don't have that stong flavor that I have always associated with blueberries. They are sweet and good, like other berries. We eat them plain. We eat them on cereal or in yogurt. We eat them in jam. We eat them frozen.

Last night we picked a quart for Mr. Morgan who lives down the road and has been asking Bethany if they are ready yet. He wasn't home so we left them by the door. James loves fresh blueberries, I love fresh blueberries, the kids all love fresh blueberries. Even the dog loves blueberries!

6 comments:

  1. YUM! Who doesn't love fresh blueberries????

    ReplyDelete
  2. our dog loves blueberries too... it is nice to know others do too

    ReplyDelete
  3. and further more...after being away(NewMexico and Japan) from the wild North for many years..I returned to the area (North of lets say, NewYork City area...NY State and Ontario, where I was born...all I wanted was blueberrys and water...like a lake, ocean, river, Niagara Falls etc...and blueberrys wild and other...So this one time set out on a trip to the even wilder northern Ontario, where they say blueberrys abound...WELL! the person I was with and was driving therefore in charge...was absoluetly not going to stop for anything...one of those "get there and get back and don't stop for anything" people..I must have seen 150 "FRESH PICKED RIPE SWEET WILD BLUEBERRYS FOR SALE" Signs...pleading for them to stop P L E A S E...I can still feel the intense longing for the blueberrys that I never did get...and now...I am in Nova Scotia...and most of the time...summer or winter can get blueberrys whenever I want...I am much more in charge now...and have a leveled out need for blueberrys as I can now have those sweet wonderful delightfull little blue berrys whenever I want...this is me...smiling..with blueberry juice staining the front of my dress...BUT..smiling and happy...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I'm here on L.I. checking in on my brother-in-law's computer. The blueberries look delicious! I'm sure Allen is enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes that is the dog that like blueberries... as you read we just got her ... and what breed is yours she is very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When we got Jasmine from the humane society (she was just a baby) they said she was boxer and lab, but the vet says she definitely has some pitbull in her. She is a great dog and we love her.

    ReplyDelete