Thursday, July 27, 2006

Madame Blueberry

I feel a little like the little blue lady from Veggie Tales. My house is so full of stuff that I don't know what to do. If only I could tip it over and dump everything out, maybe I could sort through it and figure out what to keep and what to get rid of. My goodness, I don't even know HOW to get rid of it! Maybe I don't want to dump it out after all. I'll just have to stay away from "Stuff Mart" while I sort out what I already have.

It has been a strange kind of week. Yesterday and today there was no one home but Hannah and me. A year ago I had five kids living at home and none of them were gone all day every week. Bethany got married in December and so she isn't here much anymore. Josiah has been working at a little restaurant down the road since the end of August and now he has moved to Dave's house, so he isn't here. Nathan spends most days working with James and is home in the evenings (when he isn't at church). Yesterday Ben left for the Junior's retreat in Pennsylvania. (He'll be back tomorrow evening.) I couldn't have imagined last year (or even last week) that my house could ever be so quiet. I know God is working changes, He always is, but I have to wonder what is around the corner when things are so still. Maybe He thought I needed a breather after last week. Yeah, that must be it... He knew I needed fewer people around so that I could catch up with my house, garden, and blueberries. It really has been a beautiful week and very relaxing aside from my inability to sleep last night. That's okay, I made up for it this morning by sleeping in just a little bit.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like it's time to adopt a little girl from China!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You think? Maybe we could just buy some tofu instead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You expect it to run about the house...like tofuD2?

    ReplyDelete