Friday, July 28, 2006

Singing In the Rain



The frogs are happy!

I prayed for rain and, boy, did we get some! My garden was thirsty and so were the blueberries. But, my nephew is not pleased. He was planning a trip to Sea Breeze amusement park and can't believe his aunt would pray for rain on such a day. He is not amused (and not happy either). Actually, I was hoping for rain during the night and it didn't start raining until early this morning, but rain is rain and I am thankful. (Sorry, Steve.)

7 comments:

  1. Oh well, we may not go to Sea Breeze today, but I say God can see what we can't and his plan is always the best one. So, what shall we do today instead? I told the kids they can always swim in the rain as long as there's no thunder and lightening, we can go for a walk in the rain (Martha's suggestion), we can hang out here and maybe go out for lunch together somewhere fun, laser tag...any other ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go shopping! I heard your kids love that.

    Seriously, playing in the rain is a favorite childhood memory. That sounds like fun to me, but then, maybe it's done raining now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's fun swimming in a pool after it's rained a lot because the water level is so high. I like jumping into the pool with a tube and making huge waves, whille singing "waves of mercy, waves of grace". Don't worry Anut Rachel I still had fun at your house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've been in a drought in Sydney for the last five years or so (actually most of our state has had drought), but it has rained and rained and rained the last few weeks - which has been wonderful...my boys were terrified the first time though - not because there was thunder or anything - they were scared of the rain itself. Poor chickens - they hadn't seen a downpour before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Al is your cousin Allen.

    P.S My name is spelled A-L-L-E-N.

    ReplyDelete