Sunday, July 23, 2006

Pickin' and Grinnin'

The blueberry picking is in full swing. On Friday evening I decided I had to go out and start the picking process before the patch got completely out of hand. Between James, Hannah, and myself, we picked a little over sixteen quarts of berries. We ate some but knew we could never eat them all, and neither would they fit into my freezer. We packed some up to take to Mom and Aunt Margie along with another bag for a friend. It rained all day Saturday and we didn't get to put them out front to sell until this morning. Luckily, blueberries keep very well and they were still sellable. We put eight to ten quarts out front today and they were all gone by afternoon. We also had someone ask if it would be okay for him to pick a few quarts himself this morning. He picked four so in all we sold about 14 quarts of berries today! Tomorrow morning I will be back out there picking again so that I have more fresh berries to put out by the road.

4 comments:

  1. We all had a good time. Sherman is fast asleep! He's pretty beat after all that running around. Thanks for the bluebreeies. They are yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. bluebreeies? Hmm...I've never tried those before. Do they taste anything like blueberries?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you liked the the bluebreeies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't make fun of my mom!

    ReplyDelete