Thursday, July 20, 2006

Just Plain Hot



Rochester, NY 14600Last Updated: 07/20/06 15:31:14 EST

Current Conditions
88°FCloudy
Real Feel: 96°F (36°C)Relative Humidity: 49%Barometer: 29.99"Hg (F)
Wind: SSW at 4 mph (6 kph)Visibility: 6 miles (10 km)Sunrise: 5:50am Sunset: 8:44pm


It's a hot day. This isn't Florida and we don't live in Arizona. Eighty-eight with a real feel of ninety-six might not sound so hot to them, but for us it is! The wind is barely noticable, pretty much non-existent, and the air is thick and heavy. It feels like we need a thunderstorm. Too hot to go outside, it's a good day to turn the fan on, lay on the floor, and put your feet up on the couch. We don't have airconditioning in our house so we just have to deal with it when the heat sets in. I really don't mind all that much, after all, in a couple of weeks it will be August and the weather will start to cool off again. Better enjoy summer while it lasts.


Later...

Rochester, NY 14600Last Updated: 07/20/06 19:46:00 EST

Local Weather:

Current Conditions
83°FCloudy
Real Feel: 85°F (29°C)Relative Humidity: 62%Barometer: 29.96"Hg (F)
Wind: S at 4 mph (6 kph)Visibility: 6 miles (10 km)Sunrise: 5:50am Sunset: 8:44pm

Well, we had our thunderstorm. It started rolling in while I was out picking a few blueberries. We had a good rain and are now feeling much cooler.

5 comments:

  1. I was in air conditioning all day... People said it was really hot. Bet Adam's gonna be pooped when he get's home. He'll probably need someone to rub his feet... after he showers, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I worked in air condition all day too, but when I walked outside afterwards, the heat really hit me. I had my uniform on which has long sleeves and couldn't wait to put short sleeves on.

    When I got home I looked out the sliding door at the pool and the water had a very slight greenish hue to it. BUMMER! Yesterday it looked cloudy so we had the chlorinator on high and I also put a gallon of bleach in, but it was too little too late. The pool guy said I needed to pour 8 gallons of bleach in to kill any algae that has begun to grow. So off to Wegmans I went. Now the bleach has been put in and we have been told we can swim in it tomorrow, but Dave says he thinks we should wait til Saturday. Boy, maybe I should've blogged about this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't mean to sound weird...but I didn't think it felt that bad today. It was warm...but I thought Tuesday was much worse. There was a breeze here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My back porch was terribly hot so I came inside when I got home from VBS. I did hear someone say it seemed hotter here but I don't know for sure. There was no breeze.

    ReplyDelete