Friday, July 14, 2006

Chimney Bluffs


These photos of Hannah and William at Chimney Bluffs are a couple of years old. Chimney Bluffs has always been one of our favorite places to go in the summer. We haven't yet been there this year although the kids have asked. It isn't far, maybe a half hour drive, I just haven't made the time to go. The kids like walking along the lake shore at the base of the bluffs, throwing rocks into the water and sometimes swimming or wading in the lake (if it's warm enough). I don't know if I can make it there this weekend, but as I have Priscilla's kids until Monday, it might be a fun place to go. Maybe Sunday night after the church picnic and baptism, if we aren't too tired.

Well, I must go pick up two little girls, my son's nieces, at VBS. And I also need to finish vacuuming the dust out of my house. How does it get dirty so fast?

4 comments:

  1. We've never been to the Bluffs. Maybe some day you can take us there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neither has Adam... I've always told him that I was gonna take him there someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...I don't think I have been there either...sounds wonderful...and the children playing in the water has me longing for a dip myself...sounds sooo good as it is hot here also...but I live in a basement apartment and it is cool in here...I just went outside to bring in my laundry so now I know how hot it is out...want to run to the beach...but then that would mean getting in my hot car...so I came back inside and started reading this log...now I miss y'all even more than I did...I love yous...gramanita

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been there in a very long time. Alan Wessinburg took me there when I was maybe 12? I'm sure Jamie would like it too!

    ReplyDelete