Monday, July 24, 2006

Turning Blue

Today I picked a bazillion blueberries. I was out there in the blueberry patch for several hours, soaking up the sun, listening to frogs croaking in the drainage ditch and eating an occasional berry. My sister in law says it sounds like I am "living a dream" and actually, it is rather nice. Spending time out in the blueberry patch is rather relaxing and peaceful, especially in the cooler evening hours. Today it wasn't the cool of evening but the warmth of a mid summer morning. I picked another sixteen quarts before my sister came to visit and then we picked ten more later. You would think that maybe we had picked all the blueberries that there were to be picked, but alas, there are bushes that I haven't yet touched. Now if only people would stop and buy them during the week like they do on Sundays.

3 comments:

  1. I'll buy some, but I'm not sure when I can get out there. We just got back from the orthodontist and need to go back at about 4:45 pm. Maybe tomorrow, but Michael will be at his friend's house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come tomorrow if you like. Ben will be leaving for the Junior's retreat early and he won't here either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had some on my cereal this morning. Yum!

    ReplyDelete