Saturday, July 22, 2006

Rainy Saturday


Another week behind us and another one ahead. It's Saturday night, Vacation Bible School is over for another year, and tomorrow is Sunday. My house looks as though someone turned it over and gave it a few good shakes. It has been neglected while I was busy with other things, helping with crafts at church, taking little girls swimming, sleeping off a headache, or maybe picking beans or blueberries. I am hoping to catch up with my housework this week. Maybe I will even stay home long enough to finish vacuuming the whole house in one day. I can't remember when I last dusted and my floors are slightly unsightly. Yup, this will be a good...

I was just interrupted by my ringing telephone. As I went to grab it, it flew out of my hand, dropped behind the computer monitor and bounced to the floor. Landing under the desk, in the farthest corner from my reach. it continued to ring. I had to get to it before the answering machine. Crawling under the desk, I ran my glasses into its base. I reached for the phone as it rang for the third time. I flipped the phone over and glanced quickly at the caller ID but couldn't make out the number in my haste. "Hello" I said. "Hello" said the very familiar voice on the other end... Ahhh! It was my very own sweet husband calling me from the living room as he sat on the couch. This is his way of inviting me to come spend time with him. Watching me struggle to get to the phone was more than he was hoping for. He not only interrupted my blogging but got to see me crawl under the furniture in a franctic race with the phone. This was a great source of amusement. The joke was just too good. He's calling me back. Guess I'd better be going...

4 comments:

  1. LOL!! That is too funny! That couldn't have played out more perfectly for him than that,

    Wht's with Ben and Hannah in the picture, did they bump heads or something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. funny! I wish Jamie would do something romantic like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't picture calling from the living room as being romantic... But now that you mention it, it is kinda sweet. Except for the unfortunate scramble for the telephone that shortly thereafter ensued. That was a good joke he played on you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mart...That was great! Thats my boy...and your Man! Its a wonderful thing to see your still not too old to play and also a real bargain to make others laugh and we did.
    LeeAnne and I roared reading that and picturing the whole process. Great writing I just love it..take good care and big hugs and lottsa love yoma

    ReplyDelete