Monday, July 17, 2006

The Long Weekend


Well, now that it is Monday evening, my long weekend has come to a close. Priscilla was here to pick up her children late this afternoon. They had been here since Friday morning when their parents left town for a wedding ( a very fancy wedding!). We had a great time and kept ourselves busy swimming, doing crafts, going on picnics, and who knows what else. I don't think anyone had time to get bored but we sure were tired by the end of each day. (At least I was!) I thoroughly enjoyed myself and hardly noticed that I had seven children all Friday afternoon. Now the house will seem terribly quiet again, right Hannah?

Yup. I had fun, oh, except when they were crabby.

I didn't notice too much crabbiness. I think we all had a great time. I can't wait for Cousin Camp!

7 comments:

  1. I'm afraid I would have been crabby with that many kids for 3 days. I just don't think I have the patience. I guess that's why God only gave me 2. I wish I was more relaxed like you, and not so hyper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could handle it for a day, maybe 2, but I think that would be my max, although I don't really know because I've never done it before. It was fun on Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were destined to have 7 kids! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i would agree with rachel... God gave me two kids, and their different personalities is about all i can handle...

    ReplyDelete
  5. and God blesses those who can handle more!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It used to be that I could only handle two kids but God stretched me out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. is that why they call them stretch marks?

    ReplyDelete