Saturday, March 09, 2024

Plans

In one week I will be back in Florida. I've never been to Florida in March. I have been in December, I have been in July, and I have been in the very end of August when the hot, summer air blew off the land, laughing and threatening to cook us alive. I don't expect March to be quite as hot as August.

This last week was a challenge. Toddler 2 is a little different than Toddler 1 even though we often trade a child or two and the rooms are separated by a half door. The children in Toddler 1 are slightly older, more vicious, and very loud and boisterous. Also, they don't listen. Mostly because they don't have to. 

I have two doctor's appointments this week, one on Monday morning and the other Tuesday afternoon. I also have a hair appointment on Tuesday afternoon. Somewhere between now and Wednesday evening I will begin to pack my bags. I'm flying into Orlando again, but not so early in the morning. I'm just a little excited.

6 comments:

  1. This last week is going to fly by..busy with appointments..soon you will be on your way to rest and fun.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!
      The "Rest of the Story" is posted below this blog post. I decided to put it out there (for better or worse) and then bury it with this post.
      Can hardly wait to meet Mickey Mouse!

      Delete
  2. Martha, March is beautiful in Florida. Several years ago we went there 4 years in a row in the month of March. We stayed on lovely Siesta Key just near Sarasota. So beautiful. I hope you have a fabulous time with your family 🥰

    I think your work place is a bit toxic?? The way children are being raised these days is so foreign to me………you too I think. Remember when you used to babysit your ‘flowers’? I just loved reading about these little ones and things you did with them. That was a long time ago. Hannah was quite young too.

    Have a wonderful day! 😊

    Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very much looking forward to Florida and plan to enjoy each and every moment!

      Work does not feel like a safe place. It makes me really sad.

      Ah, yes! My "Flower Garden!" What a beautiful time that was! Emma, Ivy, and Bella are seniors in high school now and will be headed off to college in the fall. Can you believe it?

      Delete
    2. Time flies by doesn’t it.

      Delete
    3. Absolutely! How do we slow it down?

      Delete