Sunday, July 11, 2021

A Couple of New Hampshire Barns

 New Hampshire is speckled with fabulous barns. It's very common in New England for the barn and house to be attached. I didn't get any fantastic pictures of those, but I did stop to take photographs of two wonderful barns in Jackson, New Hampshire. They're pretty fabulous if you ask me.

 I was told this place is known as the "Pitman Barn."  It sits well of Rt 16B just up road from the village of Jackson as one drives toward Black Mountain. I wish I could remember now if this was one of the farms my friend Al worked on as a young teen. I might have to ask. This gorgeous barn actually showed up in two videos I watched on the town of Jackson.

A bit farther toward Black Mountain Ski Area is this handsome spectacle. A huge, sprawling barn nestled on the side of the hill. I don't even recall if it had/has a name. Another question for Al. No matter, it's still an amazing specimen.

Front view so you can see the enormity of the structure and how it sits on a slope. New England barns are just fabulous! I could have wandered and taken pictures all day!
 

I'm joining Tom's party today at The Barn Collective.

8 comments:

  1. ...the Pitman barn is weathered to perfection. It's interesting to see that second one has cedar shakes on the sides and white clapboards on the gable end. When I was in Vermont I saw some barns connected to houses. A good idea in the winter. Thanks Martha for sharing part of your trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fell in love with New England farms. They are quite fabulous.

      Delete
  2. I love barns!! Your photos are priceless.
    I love all the history involved too.
    So many of the barns around here are too far off the road to take pictures or there is no pull off area to snoop and photograph.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was nice to capture a great barn and be able to hear a little bit of the history. I was also happy to see so many great barns in fabulous condition.

      Delete
  3. Barns are such a sign of hope for the future. Full of grain for times to come.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two fabulous barns. No. 1 wins my vote for charm, but No. 2 really looks amazing and I could imagine a whole farm could fit in there during the Winter. I love the barns in nearby Ontario and take lots of photos when we visit our daughter. Hope we can return to Nth America again one day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also love the "Pitman Barn." And there is something majestic about the other. I do hope you are able to visit your daughter again soon, and yes, Ontario is full of barns as well.

      Delete