Monday, June 14, 2021

A Little Piece of Peace

This evening I took a ride down to the lake. I didn't expect the shoreline to be clean, and it wasn't. I only hoped the rain would hold off for a little while, and it did, but only for a very short while. In spite of the sprinkle of raindrops, the sky was magnificent! And I was blessed by a little band of ducklings swimming in the creek.

 

In my travels my phone let off a chime letting me know I had a message. I pulled into a parking lot to check my phone and found a text from my sister Rachel. It's been a very long time since we took a walk together. Tonight we walked and it was good.


4 comments:

  1. ...find peace wherever you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some phone calls are more precious than others. Love that you "walked" with Rachel.
    Gonna be a hot one today..weatherman says 107F. at our house..ugh...
    Sue

    ReplyDelete