Sunday, May 31, 2020

Black Lives Matter

It's been a horrific weekend. Even with seventeen hours between here and Minneapolis, last night we found our county under a curfew that remains in effect until tomorrow morning. Peaceful protests have turned violent in cities across the entire country. We are in deep mourning...

My son took his little family away from the city of St Paul, Minnesota on Saturday to the suburbs where Michele's parents reside. It has been a regular routine in the past, but the reasons were different yesterday. This weekend my heart is in Minnesota.

It was a beautiful weekend too. We had some rain, some very warm sunshine, and a cold breeze that left today being one of those warm/cold days where I put my sweater on only to take it off again after a few minutes. I wanted to be out, so I weeded my flower garden, and then I wanted to be in, so I made pie. Lemon meringue. One for a friend and one for us.

Tomorrow I return to early morning duties in the baby room at work. 💕

4 comments:

  1. My mind cannot comprehend
    My heart is aching
    My Self wants to pull the covers over my head...
    Trying to put this all in the Lords hands and just keep on keeping on.
    Tragic
    I'm so glad your Minn. family went away from the city.
    My cousin lives in a suburb of Minn. He's safe but can't wrap his head around what happened this weekend either.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am struggling to understand the pain of living "less than" because of skin tone. It's a lesson I've been learning for several years. I am learning my own failures in regard to this and it is painful.

      Delete
  2. Sue said it so well. We are all shocked and overwhelmed how quickly everything went from Covid-19 to riots burnings, looting. It's so sad...I know we are human and flawed...but can't we just love and respect one another, and can't justice be given to those who do wrong on both sides. Glad your family is safe. You are so close to it!!! We have been given a 5 pm curfew. Love and Hugs and please send me a piece of that lemon pie....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe things have settled here for the time being. There was a rumor that a lion had been set free from the zoo and was roaming the streets of Rochester, but that was fake news.

      Respect, yes. That is what we need. And love. A love like Jesus has.

      Delete