Sunday, August 11, 2019

Where in the World is Martha?

I had a wonderful weekend mini vacation. On Friday I drove to... Delaware. By accident. (See photo...) My directions, hand written by me, got a little confused when I missed a major exit and ended up south of Philadelphia instead of staying north. Rout 476 suddenly ended and turned into Interstate 95. Although slightly confused, I went south like my directions said. I knew something wasn't right when I crossed the state line into Delaware. Ha ha! There was no panicking, just a phone call or two to my friend in New Jersey, and then her sister who is better with directions than Heather. Jen helped me get headed back in the right direction and I finally reached my destination. It only took two hours longer than necessary.

It's really too late to write tonight. I don't have to get up too early, but I do have a doctor appointment and am supposed to work in the afternoon. Any other stories will have to wait until tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. I love this! I love traveling alone and rarely stick to planned routes. I'm glad you were only misplaced, not lost. Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to have time to meander about the countryside with my camera. It's hard to take in the scenery when the traffic is moving 80 miles and hour. Finding myself in New Jersey was an amusing surprise.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. ...you can find the greatest stuff when you are lost!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no doubt! Too bad I didn't have more time to be lost.
      :0)

      Delete
  3. HaHa...I am directionally challenged...not a great thing for "used to be " tour guide...but that's another story...
    I'm so glad you had a wonderful weekend and can't wait to read the "Rest of the Story".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so great I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat, but I need to catch up on my sleep first.
      :0)

      Delete