Sunday, November 18, 2018

Bits and Pieces

* Winter arrived rather abruptly. Rather than gentle flurries, we had a winter storm warning Thursday evening, and a handful of school closings on Friday. I wonder if this means we'll have a deep, white Christmas.

* Number 11 is still tucked safely inside. He isn't really due for another week so there's no hurry for him to get here before Thanksgiving.

* There were several things I wanted to do this weekend that I didn't get to do. One was to make a Christmas wreath with a blogger friend. It kills me when I have to cancel an outing, and I'm still disappointed in not being able to be there. :(

* I stopped at the pottery studio after church this morning and found a couple of bowls on the glazed shelf. A few other projects are in the bisque kiln, and I hope to find them ready to glaze on Tuesday night. A piece of me wanted to hang out at the studio today, but another piece was not relaxed enough to sit, so I didn't stay.

* We are celebrating Thanksgiving at Bethany's house this year. I have to work Wednesday and so have opted to buy pie crusts and fill and bake them after work that evening. Trying to keep the stress level manageable...

* I'm ready to step into the Christmas season. My little tree is set up and lit, and I've collected up a few trinkets to pass along to my grandkids. Another attempt at keeping stress under control.

2 comments:

  1. I was just talking to a friend on Friday about how I wanted to slow things down and keep the day stress free. I believe that we all need to do that. My husband likes Thanksgiving like it has always been for his family so it will be a huge dinner that I will prepare and do all of the work for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...I hope that Christmas will be a joyous time for you!

    ReplyDelete