Tuesday, July 09, 2013

It's Raining, It's Pouring...

... the old man is snoring.

We had a wonder- fully sunny day. It was hot and steamy and summer- like. And, at the close of our hot and steamy and summer-like day, the rain came pouring down. And me, well, now that I've gotten started, I'm finding the rain even more enticing.

I haven't gone on a "real" rain walk, real as in walking down the street, around the corner, and through the puddles, umbrella in hand, but I did manage to wander out into the back yard again, down to the garden, and came back in dripping wet. It's a wonderful feeling, the rain falling on one's face and soaking through your clothing.

I opted not to stand under the "outdoor shower" this time, it was a little colder than I wanted to endure, but I did get a pretty good soaking just being out in the yard, good enough to convince me I needed dry clothing when I returned to the house. (Okay, so I did stand in the run-off from the porch roof...)


2 comments:

  1. GOOD FOR YOU!!!!
    How invigorating is that!
    I wish I could do that...
    Did you strip down before you went in? tee hee!

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    LOVE THE DAISIES!! Mine all fell over...:o(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I stripped down after I went in. :)

      My daisies are somewhat protected by the porch, but I'm sure one of these downpours will take them over.

      It's raining again but I think I'll stay in this time, it's getting dark.

      Delete