Monday, August 20, 2012

A Little Escape

Today we escaped and went to riding lessons with Hannah. It was a gorgeous day and the out of doors was calling. Having only Emma in tow made traveling easy and she always loves an outing.

I liked the farm and I loved watching Hannah and her friend Kelly with the horses. (They're dressed alike so look close.) These are rescue horses, so if they appear thin, there is a reason, and sometimes it is just age. This is an old horse. My friend Emma found the trip fun and exciting too. She even enjoyed our stop at Wendy's on the way home. It was a good day.

I am learning that I must leave an empty bowl and a box of cereal out for Mom if I leave for the morning. I have been suspicious on a few occasions that perhaps she had forgotten to eat breakfast. Today we arrived home at about 3 pm. She readily admitted to not having eaten lunch, which isn't totally unusual since she typically eats breakfast at noon. I asked her if she had eaten breakfast. "Yes, I had breakfast," she replied.

"What did you eat?" I asked.

"I had Raisin Bran," she said. "And I think I cut up half a banana on top."

While it sounds reason- able, I knew it wasn't true. The little bit of milk, just enough for one bowl of cereal, that I had left in the fridge was still there. James had eaten the rest of the Raisin Bran, and we were out of bananas. On top of that, there were only three bowls in the sink; James', Ben's, and mine. Blah.

3 comments:

  1. Pretty horses and cute pony!

    Oh dear on the breakfast and lunch! :( What can you do, though? You can't be there 24/7. I guess the hunger pains don't give her a clue? Sigh.

    We're having the same gorgeous weather. I think we are all so much more appreciative of it since we've sweltered all summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'd make a great detective, Martha!

    Here's to your new plan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sad about your Mom...can't be easy for you...
    nice shots of the horses and the cute little pony...


    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete