Thursday, September 03, 2009

July 2003

Dear Mom and Dad,

Thank you for all the wonderful childhood memories that make me smile even today. So many are the everyday memories of just being part of a family and things parents do "just because". Thank you for holding me on your lap in the rocking chair, for singing me songs and tucking me into bed at night. Thank you for helping me put on my socks and for tying my shoes. Thank you for the last sip of coffee in your cup, for Lifesavers during church, and for letting me watch you make dinner. Thank you for threatening to warm up your icy hands on my warm tummy, for bananas and milk at night, and a pet dog. Thank you for loving my friends. Thank you for taking us to the roller-skating rink so many summer nights. Thank you for drawing pictures with us and taking us to Sunday school. Thank you for camping trips and picnics, for letting us pick vegetables in your garden, and for bicycles. Thank you for all those Fisher-Price toys and the blocks for building houses. Thank you for Five-Day Bible Club in our backyard and for taking the whole neighborhood to VBS in the back of the Toyota pickup. Thank you for teaching us about Jesus and praying for us. Dad, thank you for driving all the way to Albuquerque to bring James, Jimmy, and me back home to New York. Thank you for all the many, many ways you show your love for us.

Love
Martha

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for raising such lovely children, that so many others are blessed to know.

    I am continuing to pray, Martha.

    God is so big, but boy, He can connect His children, can't he.

    MUCH love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Your parents know how much you love them and they love you back just as much. You are their legacy and they are proud that their children learned from them their most precious gifts - their love and their faith.

    Love you, Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet and wonderful relationship you have with your parents. I'm so sad, I lost my so long ago. I still miss them deeply.

    Even though I haven't been commenting.... I have been thinking and praying for you Dad, and will continue too.

    Love and Hugs my dear friend. How I wish I could meet you in person.

    Love and Hugs
    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Martha what a dear person you are. Thank you for giving honor to your parents and to the Lord.

    Still praying.

    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been catching up due to computer problems, and of course this made me cry. How beautiful, your parents are wonderful, and you are all so blessed. You are not alone, as you know. Thanks so much for sharing this!!

    ReplyDelete