Saturday, August 29, 2009

Soccer and Fencing

This morning I took Hannah to soccer. This week I remembered the way and didn't get lost. We arrived on time and knew exactly where to go. No confusion today. Hannah is on the dark blue team which gathers at the far end of the field far, far, from the picnic pavilion. We took water bottles, but I drank my coffee instead. I forgot my blueberry muffin at home on the table. At the park I found the restrooms without incident, far, far from where I parked the van and close to the picnic pavilion.
I took a chair along with me this time, but it never came out of the van. Instead I walked back and forth along the park road (because it's good for me) and took a few pictures. (I remembered my camera.) I didn't mind a few sprinkles of rain, I had my umbrella, but when the showers started I took cover in the van and finished reading the book of James.
Back at home I decided to take up a sport of my own and practiced some fencing, something I haven't done much of in the past. I think I did alright. It's progress anyway.

2 comments: