Monday, October 13, 2008

A Bird in a Cage

The weather this past week has been simply gorgeous. Sadly it seems I have spent the majority of my time inside the house instead of outside enjoying the sunshine. Small children, school, and illness have kept me close to home, so I have been trying to sneak outside at least once a day for a quick dose of fresh air and a few rays of sun. Today I took a walk around my backyard and collected a few more autumn photos.

If you are a person of prayer, please keep my two sisters in law in your thoughts. Kathy had some surgery last week and contracted a serious abdomonal infection. She is back in the hospital and will remain under observation the remainder of this week while receiving IV antibiotics. Kim totally destroyed her knee in two separate injuries this summer(ACL gone, severely torn miniscus, broken bones, surgery,... ). She is in a wheelchair and has many long months of physical therapy and healing ahead. These two sisters live a short distance apart in the same city, but neither one can help the other and the rest of the family is spread across the United States and Canada. Yea for caring husbands (they both have one) and a God who loves us!

My house is quiet at the moment...

3 comments:

  1. OOOh, Kathy and Kim in prayers. You betcha!
    Hugs to you and yours, lets get your allergies under control or will you need a big freeze to do that? Oh, you mentioned a cold that you and James had. Sorry, faulty memory sticks. :D You and yours are most welcome to come to my house and stay as long as you can stand it. I cook, I hate to dust as you know, so bring your dust rag! I mop and clean kitchens and bathrooms to the ultimate shine though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful shot... love the colors and the composition of the leaves in the corner.

    I will keep your sister-inlaws in my prayers.

    Recovery time is so hard...especially with families.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Martha, thanks for your visit on my blog! Yes, the leaves are already blowing around and falling like crazy! The colorful season is short....
    Hope you feel better real soon!

    ReplyDelete