Tuesday, March 11, 2014

The Busy Before the Storm

It was a busy day and busy days are good. I went to Ladies' Prayer and Bible study this morning. It's always encouraging to be surrounded by friends, especially friends who pray for each other.

After Bible study I went to meet my mom's friend, Barb, for lunch. (Never pull your chin in while taking a photo... ick) We walked from her little cottage apartment in the senior center, over to a little cafe where we met her daughter. I have to say, I was blessed and I hope they were too. We shared some memories, some caregiver experiences (her husband has memory issues), and some hugs. At her home she showed me family photos and I met her Christmas kitten who keeps her husband company when she has to step out of the house.

Tonight I went to my dementia caregivers support group meeting. I felt like I needed to go back at least one more time and be with the group who have attempted to encourage and support me through the last two years. A couple of them in particular have become very special to me. It's a group I'm going to miss.

It looks like tomorrow will be a quiet day. School has been cancelled ahead of the impending snow storm. It's hard to believe that we will crawl into bed after a high of 54ºF and wake up to a blizzard. It still about 44ºF now, my driveway is a muddy mess, and the roads are clear and dry.

11 comments:

  1. What a fun day! Love that you did those things...good for you!

    It was 67 degrees today. I opened the doors for a few hours. Amazing. We're getting snow tomorrow, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think maybe my RAk's will be wrapped up in visits. They're so nice because every party is blessed.

      It was such a beautiful day that nobody believed a blizzard was headed our direction. Well, here it is!

      Delete
  2. Same here. :o(
    Glad you had a nice day....suck that chin in! Hahaha!
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My comment disappeared.....?
    Glad you had a good day....suck in that chin! Hahaha!
    Snow day!
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, what's with these disappearing and reappearaing comments anyway?
      Hate that chin!
      Yup, we got a snow day and I actually slept in for once.
      :0)

      Delete
  4. The trick is to hold the camera over your head...haha. Every time we take pictures, my girls say, Mom "higher".

    Sounds like a really good day. I'm still processing things. It doesn't go away overnight, does it?

    I've been doing kitchen therapy all day.

    Love and Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why do I know the tricks and forget to put them into practice?

      It was a very nice day, but yes, processing takes time. The ache won't go away for a long time.

      Thank you for your love and hugs.

      Delete
  5. Jane looks just as gorgeous as ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Priscilla, she will always be beautiful.
      :0)

      Delete
  6. How nice that you got to visit them, and I'll bet you were a support to Barb.

    It does seem strange that it's still warm out and there's a blizzard coming. I really don't want my family to leave home tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to visit Barb again sometime. :0)

      I can hear Dad singing "Just another mile to Maryann..." Oh, that was a sad one! Well, the blizzard has arrived. When I first looked out this morning, I thought maybe she was going to miss us.

      Delete