Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Mud Pies Baking

Since I have nothing better to post about today, and since my driveway is a muddy mess once again, and since I found this cool idea on Pinterest today, I give you "The Mud Kitchen".

When I was a five year old child, I had a friend who lived two doors away. I had a sandbox in my backyard and he had a mud hole. I have absolutely no memories of playing together in my sandbox, but I do have wonderful memories of stirring that mud hold with a nice long stick and making mud pies. Al and I spend many sunny, summer days baking together. The ingredients were simple; dirt and water. And you know? Our cakes and cookies turned out perfect every time!

So, back to today's discovery! The Mud Kitchen. It's a fancy backyard  mud hole. What I would have given to have one of those in my backyard when I was a kid! And look, you can even put plants underneath. Oh, yeah. I think that's cool.

(You're right, I never did grow up.)

PS. You should google "mud kitchen". There's all kinds!


10 comments:

  1. Issac and Matthew would be in heaven...they love MUD. When my grandson bought a fixer up house, the yard was dirt...add a hose and some water and I have some glorious pictures of the boys covered in mud. Heaven!!!
    Those Mud Kitchens....fun, fun, fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a love/hate relationship with mud.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. That does look very fun! I used to gather those weeds that look like wheat shafts and pretend I was grinding flour. I should have added mud and made bread! ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We stirred up all kinds of "soups" but found it was a very bad idea to let them sit for days on end.

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness the time we used to spend making mud pies. My mother gave us old pie tins, and I remember making chocolate cream pies with snow on top. We had sandboxes too, which were really two horseshoe pits, that we played in for hours. How did we ever manage without dvds and video games?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whatever did we do? Oh, yeah, we played in the woods, jumped over the creek, rode bikes, skinned our knees, had snowball fights, and played Hide and Seek in the dark.
      :)

      Delete
  4. Having a mud kitchen used to be the best thing ever! I would have loved one like the last picture, though I had hours of fun just like pictured in the first photo.

    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are all kinds of "fancy" mud kitchens for kids. We just "cooked" on the ground and set our treats out on a board to cool.

      Delete
    2. PS. I am so glad you stopped by. I have been wondering how to find you again.
      :0)

      Delete