Monday, March 24, 2014

One Hundred Ten

I am a mere ten years away from the age my grandpa was when I made my appearance in this world. I almost arrived on his birthday, which was just two days after mine, but I chose Palm Sunday 1964 instead. We shared thirty-five birthdays before he passed on at the age of 95, and I still miss him, especially when our birthdays come around. It's hard to believe he'd be one hundred ten years old by now. Time goes faster all the time, and now I am sounding like those "old" people I once knew.

Time. It takes away those we love and makes heaven all the sweeter.



6 comments:

  1. How fun to share birthday celebrations with your grandpa!

    Do you ALL have blue eyes? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My grandma had brown eyes, but I don't think she passed them on to any of us. My grandkids have brown eyed mommies, but so far none of the kids have brown eyes. maybe the next one will.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. What a special Grandpa. How nice to share a birthday. We are the brown eyed family. Out of our doz. grandkids. 2 with blue eyes. Myk's boys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharing a birthday got more special as the years went on. When I was a little girl, I thought he didn't know our birthdays were so close together. Silly child that I was!

      Delete
  3. I miss him. We ARE getting to be the old ones, but that's okay as long as we don't waste our days. Lets make em count! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are, but we're never going to admit it.
      :0)

      Delete