Saturday, March 15, 2014

Muddy Waters

The weekend is half over already, unless I count Monday. Monday is kind of like a weekend for me.

It was a busy kind of day. I had the grand opportunity to play in the mud with my daughter as she and her friends helped L. with some clean up out on the farm. (I opted to visit the bank and make a deposit instead...) The snow that pummeled us in blizzard form just two days ago has been turned into soft, slushy mud by warmer temperatures, and there is no better place for mud than down on the farm. Good thing for mud boots. We are still hoping against hope that the horses will soon be home. (God does miracles and he's working on one here.)

For those who question my sanity regarding that silly fish of ours, I can assure you he was doing dandy when I took his picture yesterday afternoon. Why he likes to do the back float on occasion I do not know, but I do know he was fine and frisky when fed early this morning. Perhaps he should have gone into theater. He would have done well in "Finding Nemo" and surely would have earned himself a one way ticket to the ocean.

The wind is picking up outside tonight and it feeling cold again. I won't mind having a frozen driveway in the morning. It's a lot cleaner to walk on than today's mud was.
.

7 comments:

  1. The fish expert, Dave, says he gets shocked when his water gets changed. It's tap water, right? He says the temperature and the chlorine in it would shock him. The tap water needs to be left out for a day for the chlorine to dissipate and to get to room temperature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he probably does get shocked a little, but the back floats don't have anything to do with the water change. He does that trick randomly. So much for being an expert...

      Delete
    2. Note the scummy fish bowl in the previous photo... Blech.

      Delete
  2. I have to put a few drops of water conditioner in Freddie's bowl when I change the water. May your fish could teach my to do the "back float"....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think our fish would be an excellent teacher.
      Carnival goldfish (I can't actually remember where we got him...) don't typically live long, We should have named this fellow Methuselah.

      Delete
  3. What a smart fishy you have! ha.

    ReplyDelete