Thursday, March 20, 2014

J is for ....

 J is for ...

I just can't think of anything to write about this week, at least nothing I want to share...

Okay, so now I am really late in posting, but now I have a word and photo for the letter J. We fed the kids Scrabble Cheezits for lunch today. J is for "Joshua" and it would have been for "Jakie" too, except that we couldn't find a second J. We changed Jakie's name to Scotty for lunch and he didn't even mind a bit.
We had six kids and all but one were my grand- children. I think we did pretty good spelling names with crackers even if we did have to stretch the truth a little. (Hannah called Jake "Scotty" before he was born so it was kind of truthful.)

 For more ABC Wednesday, click here.

17 comments:

  1. So adorable! I have called Jonathan "Charlie" for as long as I can remember. Not sure exactly why but it may have started when I was reading "Flowers for Algernon." But he responds to it and that's all that matters.
    What a fun lunch your grandchildren and little flower had!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucas smiled at seeing his name, but informed us that he doesn't like Cheeze-its. I didn't like them much when I was his age either.

      Delete
  2. What fun! I didn't know there was such a thing as Scrabble Cheezits! I'll have to look for them next time I go to the store - for my grandkids, of course! lol

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing like putting a little fun in one's lunch.
      :0)

      Delete
  3. How fun! I've never seen scrabble cheezits! I bet my alex would enjoy spelling his name before gobbling it up! haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never seen them either, but my blog friend Della mentioned her little girls like them, so I looked for them.
      :0)

      Delete
  4. Never seen scrabble cheezits. Where did you find them?

    I think I'd like to get some for Issac and Matthew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check the Cheezits display. I found them down near the bottom.

      Delete
  5. That is the cutest thing!
    Those kids are very lucky to spend their days with you!
    Buy that umbrella....and Spring mitts!
    We are heading to the cottage tomorrow...
    Wonder what we'll find out there.....
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see your cottage pictures!
      I know it will be cold, but there is still an excitement in the air as spring unfolds, even at the lake.
      Now where to find that fancy umbrella....

      Delete
    2. Bummer alert.....
      Cottage still buried in snow!
      Can cal the celebrations for a few more weeks...😩

      Delete
  6. What a JOYFUL lunch!! I need to tell my great niece who has 4 little ones under 6 yrs.Good grandma you are!!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete