Thursday, March 27, 2014

A Bit of Noise

Today we had a bit of noise... and running... and fighting... and crying. We watched Chip and Dale, who I keep referring to as Tom and Jerry, and we made macaroni and cheese. There were blocks and cars, graham crackers and Smarties, and silly games. In some ways I felt unproductive, especially after yesterday's cleaning episode (no deep cleaning today), but I think we managed to tread water and stay afloat.

The kids are still very pleased with their "fixed up" room and I even let them play up there for a little bit. I think tomorrow we may just venture down to Irondequoit Bay and feed the birds before the outlet bridge comes out for the summer. I've not taken the kids out much, so this will be a trial run. I hope the weather cooperates. The forecast is sending mixed signals. Rain, but warm. I think maybe we'll give it a go, after all, we're waterproof and I have a few umbrellas.

Winter just keeps hanging on, but I did see a few flowers sprouting in the garden just outside my back door. Maybe we will see snowdrops and daffodils this year after all.And, after feeding the birds all winter, I saw a pair of cardinals this morning. How cool is that?


4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good time...feeding the birds. When we lived in Santa Barbara, that was the kids favorite thing to do. We did it often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been a slacker on doing fun things, but this isn't big, complicated, or expensive and these poor kids need a little fun and fresh air.

      Delete
  2. Off you go...
    Umbrellas...rubber boots...mitts!
    That oughta cover it!
    See....the Cardinals found you...be nice...they'll stay all summer♥️
    Enjoy your weekend...
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here we go!
      :0)
      Yes, I do hope the cardinals stick around. They make me smile.

      Delete