Wednesday, March 26, 2014

A Little Spring Cleaning

I stayed home today. Fancy that!

Nervous energy necessitated a project of some kind, so I took on one of the upstairs bedrooms that had been long neglected. Ben has been moving stuff out of his room for several weeks now. (He has an apartment.) There isn't much left that belongs to him except a few boxes of random stuff. His dresser is gone and his nightstand left Sunday. I figured it was a good time to drag my vacuum cleaner upstairs and help Dave by getting the room in order.

It didn't take too long to toss out some trash and throw a few odds and ends into the laundry basket. I picked up a few stray pieces of trash and vacuumed up a bit of dust. New sheets went onto Ben's old bed on one end of the room for Dave and Dave's old mattress and box springs were freshened up for a couple of small children. We moved the dresser full of kid clothes into the room where some of those boxes used to be and a shelf for Dave's things in the other side. A little nightstand was moved in from out in "Hannah's Place" and the runner rug that Aunt Margie gave me last week fit between the bed and the wall perfectly. I even moved a few toys in to make it more inviting, and when the kids came tonight they cheered. Their daddy smiled. He likes it too.

8 comments:

  1. Looks great! How cute that they cheered. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good enough to jump in a take a nap.

    I have errands to run tomorrow...but Friday..I need to pull out the vac and do some cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it does. :0)

      I have tons of sorting to do, but it won't be yard sale weather for another couple of months.

      Delete
  3. I guess the smiles and cheers said it all! It does look nice and fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job there Martha ♥️
    All fresh and clean....
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and none too soon. We had a visitor today and I was relieved to not be embarrassed when they went upstairs.

      Delete