Monday, March 31, 2014

The Very Sleepy Day

It was almost noon when I curled up on the couch, Oreo on the back of the cushion behind me. Not wanting to get up for a blanker, I dropped on of the decorative pillows atop my legs and closed my eyes. forty-five minutes later my sleep was disturbed by a ringing phone. (Isn't that always the way?) I didn't recognize the area code and decided not to answer, and whoever was on the other end opted not to leave a message.

This afternoon, Rachel and I headed out to visit our brother Tim. He was in good spirits this week. He didn't cry and didn't hit himself. He enjoyed his Frosty without having to worry about it being turned into a shake of another flavor. I enjoyed the ride and company while attempting to stay awake in the back seat, warmed by the sunshine and still feeling sleepy.

While we were out, Rachel gave me a few minutes to run into the credit union where I do my banking. I made a deposit into my account and then had a question for the teller. My mom's health insurance company issued a refund check for her last month's payment but it is written to "The Estate of..." Of course, since there has been no reason for Mom's will to go into probate, there is no account set up for her "estate". Tomorrow I shall make a second attempt, will in hand with my name as executor, and see if I can do it then. If not, I will need to send it back to the insurance company with a request that it be written to me. Silly little things that make life more complicated than necessary. I can't wait until all of this is settled and done.

By the way, a nice little cup of "mostly decaf" coffee on my return home, has done a very nice job of getting me through the evening with my eyes open.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good visit with your brother. I don't usually get interrupted during a nap as I take out my hearing aids, and don't hear the phone ring, the dog bark or the rooster crow. Some of the advantages of my bad hearing.

    I can sleep so easily in a moving warm vehicle. Goodness, just typing this is making me sleepy.........yawn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should turn the phone off, but that would be the time I miss an important phone call. The dog barking? Now that I'd like to miss every time!

      Yes, moving, warm, sleepy. It's almost time for bed.

      Delete
  2. Love the picture! So glad Tim had a happy visit. I don't think I know the story of worrying about the frosty changing flavors!

    Hope you get your check all straightened out. And yes, I agree that will all be a good thing to get settled and done. Hope everything else goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We thought about getting Shamrock Shakes on St. Patty's Day and it didn't go over so well. (You probably remember that now.) It's the changing of the routine that throws Tim off sometimes. He's been going to Wendy's for a Frosty for years now and he apparently isn't ready to trade the chocolate Frosty for a minty green milkshake. :)

      Yes, we shall see how thing transpire tomorrow. It's kind of a pain in the butt.

      Delete
  3. I really don't think the Shamrock shake was what upset him. Remember he hit the "I am sad" button on the tablet? And he even carried on a bit with Frosty in hand which I had never seen him do before. Food usually always keeps him calm. He did settle though once he told us he was sad and WE cried. I'll bet he would be perfectly happy trying a strawberry frosty shake next time. Lets try it?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do remember. I was just thinking that perhaps it was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. Strawberry Frosty Shakes sound wonderful!

      Delete