Saturday, March 08, 2014

Loud and Quiet

I woke this morning to the sound of children talking at the end of my bed. It is my assump- tion they were more interested in the cat by my feet than their grandmother, but my waking up did mean breakfast and I think they were happy about that too. Cereal choices were limited today, and since I didn't think they would appreciate full size old-fashioned Shredded Wheat biscuits, I gave them each a small bowl of Wegmans Honey Nut Squares. When their daddy got up he made scrambled eggs and cheese and bacon quesadillas.

My sister Priscilla stopped for a visit and a cup of coffee this morning. I drank green tea, but opted for a cup o' Joe late this afternoon. I've done well making the transition from coffee to tea and don't find myself craving those multiple cups of coffee every day, in fact, I find I actually prefer tea most of the time. At 1 pm I met My Darling at the bank and we went to Moe's for lunch.

Tonight the house is quiet aside from "Spiderman" on the television and my dad playing guitar and harmonica on the computer. His music is soothing and brings back a flood of memories. It's comforting to have him near.

I've set up a lunch date for next Tuesday with an old friend of my mom, and I'm hoping for a visit with my Aunt Barb too, maybe Monday. I'm not sure where this next phase of life will take me, and am uncertain as to whether to seek out new children to babysit. Perhaps getting kids on and off the school bus is more my speed right now. God knows and I'm not in any big hurry to run out ahead of His plan.

6 comments:

  1. Always much animation with children? lovely post, greeting from Belgium

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, retriever, always!
      Thank you for stopping to visit.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. Entering a new phase...I know you will enjoy some of the freedom of going and coming, but it will seem strange for a while. Always adjustments. Thanks so much for your love and care for me...I felt it. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does feel strange. I'm not quite sure what to think of it.
      Always praying.

      Delete
  3. I just love kids it jammies. :)

    I think you're going to enjoy your visits as must as the visit-ee. ha.

    ReplyDelete