Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Y is for Yes

Y is for Yes.

I really don't have a whole lot of anything to say this week, but yes, I have made a New Year's Resolution, something different from other years. I have decided to drink more. I know there are a lot of folks out there who have promised to do just the opposite, but I am not much of a drinker, in fact, I drink much less than I should. I could go all day long without drinking more than a cup or two of coffee and that is just plain bad! So, yes, this year I have resolved to drink more, more water (and eat better too).

I do have a second resolution, and that is to be more appreciative of my local emergency responders. I want to set aside enough money to actually give a donation when the firemen come by on their fund drive this year. I want to shout and cheer when they go by in the parade, and I want them to know I am grateful for all they do for us. And, I want to tell them thank you when I see them out and about in town or the local restaurants. If you are a first responder, I want to thank you too for putting yourself at risk to keep the rest of us safe and well, and I want to say "thank you" while you are still here to know it. Thank you.

(Picture courtesy of my friend Michelle. I hope she won't sue me.)

For more ABC Wednesday click here.)

10 comments:

  1. Hopefully Michelle's resolution is to not sue anyone. haha. :)

    I chose the 'drink more' too, as part of my resolutions. In fact, I've been filling 4 large glasses with water on the kitchen counter and my goal is to have them empty by the end of each day. Alex walked by and finished one for me, so I had to move them away from the sink. haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought myself one of those silly plastic cups with a straw and just keep filling it up. My goal is to drink at least four of them each day. I think it holds almost 2 cups.

      Delete
  2. Very nice capture. Yes, you must drink more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good resolution, I think I'll do the same. I have never been so appreciative and aware of our firemen as I am today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto... I need to drink more water too. I was SO good for a while...and it's easys to slip into a coffee routine for me.

    I have one of those large plastic glasses with the straw...It worked before, I just need to make it work again.

    Good for you Martha..let's work on it together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. GOOD choice. You may find drinking water easier with an enhancer such as Real Lemon.

    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome resolutions, Martha. I try to drink 2 liters of fluid each day, including 500ml of pure water. You CAN do it!

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great reminder. This is something I definitely need to do too.
    I guess I need to get one of those glasses with a straw and keep it on the counter. it's just too easy to forget,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, a good reminder for me as well (to drink more water) and your thoughts about showing our appreciation for first responders really hit home as well. All in all, just an excellent post! Happy 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good idea Martha...
    I try to drink lots of water, but I know what you mean about forgetting!!!!
    I also drink crystal-lite in my water..with plenty of ice...
    Also....try the lemon wedge...or cucumbers...

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete