Thursday, January 03, 2013

New Year's Party

Jim and Michele couldn't be here and in Georgia for Christmas so instead they arrived a few days later and we had two Christmases. We picked New Year's Eve for a family gathering and invited all to come. My sisters came with their families and we had a house full of people.

Last year James' mom was here and she cooked up a feast. This year we had to do it without her. I'd never done it alone before, but we got brave and decided to make tamales. (Good thing I practiced with Grandmanita last year.) Jim, Michele, and I sat down together in the afternoon and assembled and wrapped the tasty treats. I have to say they turned out very good.
I think maybe I'll have to try it again sometime soon.

4 comments:

  1. They were very good! It was a fun night together. Thanks for having us over. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming, Rachel. A family gathering was just what we needed to finish up the holidays. :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It was fun and it was more fun because I had some help. :)

      Delete