Monday, January 28, 2013

That Mother of Mine

It's been a busy month of appointments for Mom. She hasn't been happy to go out to any of them and typically mutters about not wanting to go out, not needing to go, and just wanting to stay home. I can't say as I blame her too much when the weather is as cold as it was Thursday. That's the day I took her out to the Hearing Center. Thankfully the trip was a success. Mom has new tubes on her devices and I am better tuned in to where the volume should be set. Her hearing aides still protest when she gets her hands up by them, but they are much tamer (and quieter) for the most part.
Tomorrow we will be heading out to the ophthalmologist. Mom still thinks she can see just fine (with level 4 cataracts), but since her appointment with her general practitioner, who offered reassuring words and encouragement regarding cataract surgery, she is a little more agreeable. I even got ahead of myself and picked up another new puzzle to do with her, and we've already started it. Puzzles are really the best activity for doing together and I am much looking forward to her renewed ability to see. Maybe I'll even put a bird feeder outside her window.

4 comments:

  1. I think that is such a cute pictue of your mom. I am certainly aware of hearing aid problems.

    Speaking of puzzles, in Sunday School yesterday, our teacher gave the illustration of the Prophets not seeing the whole picture when they were give messages for the people. He said it would be like dumping a 1000 piece puzzle on the table, and not having the box or any picture of what it would turn out. I was thinking....I've never done a puzzle without the box or a picture....have you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I was a little girl, Mom said it was cheating to look at the box. Now we always check the picture on the box.

      Delete
  2. she looks like she's giving you the evil eye. lol...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's always wondering just what I'm up to.

      Delete