Sunday, January 27, 2013

What a Difference a Week Makes

It's been an extremely cold week with temp- eratures well below freezing, the kind of weather that blows cold through one's clothing and straight to the insides. It makes me shiver from the inside out. We've had wind and snow, fires in the wood stove, and excessively beautiful landscapes. A far cry from my mild weather weekend trek around the bay last weekend.

James and I went out together this afternoon, shared lunch at Appleby's (we remem- bered the coupon this time), had the car washed, and wandered down to the lake again. This time the beach was snow-covered, the wind biting, and the outlet choked with ice and snow. A different kind of pretty.

It's going to warm up again this week, at least that's what they say. By Wednesday it should be feeling like spring all over again. We'd better enjoy it because Thursday will find us right back down to a high of freezing. In the meantime we're expecting a bit of snow, ice, and rain for tomorrow. Well, at least it's never boring.

5 comments:

  1. I actually went out in our 39 degree weather today without a jacket, felt like a heat wave after last week. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not get out for anything other than to grab a few pieces of wood for my stove. It felt like a damp and chilly heat wave.

      Delete
  2. I didn't go far either, only to take and pick up Michael from school and went to Wegmans and BJ's. I couldn't find those gummies you recommended. Are they in a different spot than all the other ones?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not that I know of. They're in a white box trimmed with purple.

      Delete
    2. I got the white box trimmed with purple, but it's Healthy Helpings brand.

      Delete